I’m finally writing my first book post and I couldn’t be more excited. Wohoo, let’s see what I’ve got for you today! 🙂
As a little introduction to my reading world (or ‘corner’, to be more exact) I decided to answer a few (well, 50) questions on this topic. It’s actually a TAG post and I kind of tagged myself but I’m going to pretend this doesn’t matter and so should you 🙂 I found it in Lizzy Baldwin’s blog and I strongly recommend checking her answers here! Let’s do this!
- What was the last book you read?
I’ve just finished rereading City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.
- Was it a good one?
For sure but not the best from the series (The Mortal Instruments).
- What made it good?
Cassandra’s writing, the amazing characters, the plot twist… Literally everything!
- Would you recommend it to other people?
Of course if they’re into fantasy.
- How often do you read?
Haha, hard one! Let’s say I have periods when I read for at least 5-6 hours a day and others when I don’t touch a book for a month.
- Do you like to read?
I bet you can’t guess!
- What was the last bad book you read?
Hmm, I’d say The Crown by Kiera Cass.
- What made you dislike it?
It’s not that it was badly written. Generally, I’d say it was just not very impressive and not as good as it should’ve been, considering it’s the last book from the series.
- Do you wish to be a writer?
Kind of. One day I’d really love to write a book about my life – something similar to this blog but I don’t think I have the desire or the required imagination to create a good fantasy book for example.
- Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Yes, there are a few. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is the last one which really made me think about life, the past and things me in general.
- Do you read fan fiction?
I used to but currently – no.
- Do you write fan fiction?
No, although I’ve tried. It’s just not my thing.
- What’s your favorite book?
I knew we were going to end up here. I guess you all know that we, the bookworms, don’t like this question and can’t just name one (or two, or three) books though I’ve tried to do it in my first post. And still, if I had a gun pointed at me and had to give an answer, I’d probably say Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince by J.K.Rowling. But of course, keep in mind there are thousands of other books I adore!
- What’s your least favorite book?
The Fault in our Stars by John Green – I had really high expectations but didn’t like it at all. It just didn’t touch me.
- Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Physical all the way! I just love the feeling of holding a book, turning its pages, puttin it back on my book shelf…
- When did you learn to read?
I think I was 5. My granny thought me. 🙂
- What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Also a book which has influenced me a lot.
- What is your favorite book series?
Can’t choose between Harry Potter and The Mortal Instruments.
- Who is your favorite author?
Probably Cassandra Clare.
- What is your favorite genre?
Fantasy, adventure, romance, dystopia.
- Who is your favorite character in a book series?
I feel like I’m talking about HP way too much but I just can’t miss on the fact that I adore Hermione! We’re just so alike that I feel her even more real.
- Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Yes, that’s what usually happens when you read.
23. Which book do you wish had a sequel?
We were liars by E.Lockhart.
- Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I liked Catching fire as well, but the hone…
- How long does it take you to read a book?
Anywhere between 2 hours and 2 years – depends on the book.
- Do you like when books become movies?
- Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I was so waiting for this question! The honor goes to Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
- Which movie has done a book justice?
Dear John is definitely a good example. But I feel like it’s easier to adapt romances into movies than fantasy books (for example).
- Do you read newspapers?
No, although when I was little I used to love the page with the crosswords and sudokus.
30. Do you read magazines?
- Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Magazines, I guess.
- Do you read while in bed?
- Do you read while on the toilet?
- Do you read while in the car?
Yes, I either do this, stare through the window or listen to music. (Usually this :D)
- Do you read while in the bath?
Sadly, we don’t have one.
- Are you a fast reader?
- Are you a slow reader?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
Snuggled with a big pile of blankets and a cup of warm tea in my bed. (Don’t recommend it in summer time.)
- Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
No, not at all. If the book is interesting enough I can read even during the breaks at school. (You can’t usually hear your own thoughts during them.)
40. Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
- Who gave you your love for reading?
I think I found it myself.
- What book is next on your list to read?
I’m hesitating between To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- When did you start to read chapter books?
I don’t exactly remember but I guess it wasn’t much later after I was able to read.
- Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Astrid Lindgren and Roald Dahl.
- Which author would you most want to interview?
I’m sorry but I have to mention Cassandra Clare again.
- Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
47. What book have you reread the most?
I hardly ever reread anything (although I’m currently doing it with The Mortal Instruments) but I remember going through my Franklin the Turtle books thousands of times when I was little.
- Which books do you consider “classics”?
I think each genre has it’s ‘classics’. For example if you are a fantasy fan, you just have to read The Lord of the Rings at some point.
- Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Books that students would actually enjoy reading and won’t read because they’re forced but because it’s interesting, i.e. not 100-200 old ones.
- Which books should be banned from all schools?
These with offensive, sexist or unexpurgated content probably.
That was very long, I’m sorry. Hope you enjoyed and feel free to use the questions and tag yourself just like I did 🙂